PDF file, 1 pg.
Clothespin Soldier Ornaments
- Round top wooden clothespins
- Red and blue craft paint
- Red pipe cleaners
- Red and blue pom poms
- Gold craft braid
- Gold string or thread
- Thin black marker
- Craft glue gun
- Paint the clothespin with blue craft paint up to the split and red craft paint above that leaving the head unpainted. Let dry.
- Beginning in the front waist section where the blue and red paint meet, use a glue gun to attach one end of the gold braid on the left side. Wrap the braid up to the right, around the head and down in front to to form a cross, then wrap around the waist section three times. Cut the braid in back and affix with glue gun.
- Cut a small piece of gold braid and glue to the head section as a chin strap, making it long enough the pom pom hat will cover the edges.
- Snip yarns off of one side of pom pom so hat will fit more snugly to clothespin head. Glue the pom pom to the head section.
- Cut pipe cleaners to create arms extending from shoulder section to just past waist section. Attach with glue.
- Cut small length of gold string/thread (2 to 3 inches) to create hanging loop. Glue each end to the head section, one on either side, by separating pom pom yarn and glueing close to the clothespin.
- Use a black marker to draw eyes, nose and mouth.